Bay-Leaves Reprocessing Factory Opened in Vani
New reprocessing factory LTD “Kartuli Dapna” was established within the “United Agroproject” – a project of the Agricultural Project Management Agency of the Ministry of the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia.
The above mentioned company is a beneficiary of the co-financing project ,,Agro - Processing and Storage Enterprises". Totally 597.482 USD was invested in the plant, of which 239.000 USD is a state funded grant. The company, employing 53 workers, will produce 236 tons of various quality bay-leaves annually and its production will be fully exported.
Supported by the USAID/REAP, by the end of 2017, the company will comply with the ISO 22:000 - a standard developed by the International Organization for Standardization dealing with food safety.
Within projects implemented by the Agricultural Project Management Agency of the Ministry of Agriculture of Georgia (from 2013):
• 26 300 loans have been granted, including 24 426 loans with the total amount of 693,960,821 GEL and 1,874 loans with the total amount of 202,557,257 USD;
• 150 new agricultural enterprises have been created;
• 700 primary and processing agricultural industry plants have been expanded/re-equipped;
• The crop with the value up to 200.000.000 GEL has been insured;
• Annually assistance is provided to over 700 000 small land owner farmers and more than 200 thousand hectares of land in their ownership has been cultivated.